Teacher of Mathematics MPS
Required from Easter 2020
Full time, Permanent.
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Mathematics to teach across the full age range including a significant A level allocation. There is also the potential opportunity to oversee numeracy development across the school for a suitable candidate. This extra responsibility would be accompanied with a TLR 2a (£2,880) should a suitable candidate present.
Mathematics is a popular and successful subject in Morriston, attracting large number of students pursuing Maths and Further Maths at A level, and it would be expected that the successful candidate will play an important role at Post 16.
The post has come about due to the promotion of the current post holder to a head of department position. As the successful candidate you will have the ambition and talent to play a key role in a forward thinking department. You will be expected to contribute to the continued drive to raise standards at all levels including Post 16 and play a pivotal role, alongside the department leader, in raising standards and developing high quality learning and teaching.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has aspirations to progress to Department leader in the future.
In return Morriston Comprehensive School can offer:-
- An ambitious and improving school;
- The opportunity to work in a supportive department;
- The opportunity to teach A Level mathematics in a growing 6th form;
- An aspirational, supportive senior leadership team and Governing body;
- A 22 million pound state of the art learning environment, with a dedicated suite of Maths teaching rooms all with interactive Genie boards:
- A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
- Continuous professional learning opportunities
- Friendly, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every day;
- Innovative teachers, keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career in an environment that values and supports initiative and a growth mindset;
- A great location, less than 5 minutes off junction 45 of the M4.
The CLOSING DATE for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 27th January 2021.