Teaching and Learning
Commencing September 2021
Salary Leadership scale L12 – L16 (£55,338 – £61,166)
The Headteacher and Governing Body at Morriston Comprehensive School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and ambitious Assistant Headteacher to join the senior leadership team from September 2021.
The person appointed will have responsibility for teaching, learning and skills development across the school and will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team of our school. You will play a strategic role in our drive to raise standards across the school and securing further development and successes for our learners.
The school is in an exciting phase of on-going development. Following the promotion of the existing post holder, we are looking to develop and strengthen our Senior Leadership Team, with the appointment of an Assistant Headteacher. who will engage and inspire students, staff, parents and the wider community. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and dynamic individual, who will help us overcome our challenges and build on our successes. Applicants must have a positive attitude to leading change and securing improvement. A ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
You will be expected to:
- Be the strategic lead for Teaching, Learning and skills development.
- Be the strategic lead for the implementation of Curriculum for Wales 2022.
- Continue to raise standards of achievement to ensure our students fulfil their potential for excellence.
- Monitor and develop the effectiveness of teaching and learning to meet the need of all students.
- Ensure classroom practice stretches and challenges all students to be the best they can be.
- Develop systems to share best practice across all teachers.
- Be a positive role model to colleagues and learners alike.
- Possess excellent leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a proven track record at middle leadership level.
- Be able to lead successful and effective whole school initiatives.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Take a leading role in the day-to-day management of the school.
- Be a strategic thinker and effectively manage change
- Contribute to and be absolutely committed to the vision of our school
- Have the ability to bring out the best in individuals and teams.
- Work calmly under pressure
- Possess excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Have a good sense of humour.
In return Morriston can offer:
- An ambitious and improving school.
- An aspirational, supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing body;
- A 22-million-pound state of the art learning environment
- A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
- Friendly, dedicated and well-trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every day;
- Innovative teachers, keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career in an environment that values and supports initiative and a growth mindset;
- A great location, within minutes of junction 45 of the M4.
Completed application forms should be returned by email to Susan Tomlinson, PA to the Headteacher, by 9.00am on Monday 24th May.
The accompanying letter of application outlining your suitability, experience and qualities must be a maximum of 2 pages Arial size 11.
Interview process planned for 27th and 28th May.