Required: examination periods
£9.25 per hour
Responsible to: School Data and Examinations Manager
Job purpose: We are looking for individuals with good communication skills. Good IT and administrative skills. Good organisational skills. The ability to work as a member of a team. The ability to adhere to rules and regulations. To think clearly and make correct decisions in the event of an emergency in the exam room. Full training will be provided for all successful applicants.
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint a pool of a dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible individuals to join our team of exam invigilators. We will be offering casual work during our examination periods.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing employment, together with an employee health questionnaire
Application forms are available from our reception office or on eTeach
Required from: ASAP
Grade 2 (SCP 3) £18,562 pro rata
10 hours per week Monday – Friday; 3pm – 6pm
41 weeks contract (39 weeks, plus 2 weeks during school holiday)
Responsible to: School Business Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for cleaning of designated areas within the school to the standards expected, using appropriate materials and equipment/ cleaning aids as directed, in a safe and appropriate manner.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing employment, together with an employee health questionnaire.
Duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking, as a member of a team or individually, the cleaning of designated areas within the school, which may from time to time be varied, at the discretion of your line manager or the Headteacher.
- To be able to work under instruction of your line manager or the Headteacher, as well as using your own initiative, when required.
- Ensuring designated areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting of designated areas (which may include toilet and shower areas) and fixtures and fittings.
- Using, where appropriate, electrically powered equipment.
- To adhere to operating in a safe working environment, being aware of yourself and those around you and to follow appropriate health and safety procedures.
- The 2 weeks of work during the school holiday periods will be carried out in:
- 5 days during the last week of August
- 5 days during the February half term
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Equal Opportunities Legislation and the City and County of Swansea Equal Opportunity Policy.
- To undertake the Personal Health and Safety responsibilities with the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the level of the post.
- The Authority retains the right to implement changes in the job descriptions to reflect changes in the demands of the post and this will be done in consultation with you.
- You will be required to undertake any necessary training that is relevant to the post.
Application forms are available from our School Office.