DEPARTMENT LEADER: Mrs S. Johnson
We have an excellent, state of the art, specialist hair salon at Morriston Comprehensive School. Here, you can develop skills that are designed to build on the interest and passion for the hair industry. The qualification offered is designed for students who want to prepare for further learning or training in the hair industry. The course is a combination of practical and theoretical assessments, based in the School’s new salon facilities.
The qualification we are offering –
The City and Guilds VRQ Level 2 Certificate in Hair Services
This qualification includes the following units:
Mandatory units – all to be achieved:
• Unit 201Working in the hair industry (4 credits)
• Unit 202 Follow health and safety in the salon (3 credits)
• Unit 203 Client consultation for hair services (3 credits)
• Unit 204 Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp (3 credits)
• Unit 209 The art of dressing hair (5 credits)
Optional units – a minimum of 10 credits to be achieved:
• Unit 212 Create an image based on a theme (7 credits)
• Unit 105 Plaiting and twisting hair (3 credits)
This qualification can give you the foundation to begin a career in the hairdressing industry, an apprenticeship or further NVQ qualifications/work-based training in a college environment.