The objective of the qualification is to support progression to higher education. The content of this qualification has been developed in consultation with higher education providers to ensure that it supports this progression. In addition, employers and professional bodies have been involved and consulted in order to confirm that the content is appropriate
and consistent with current practice.
Travel & Tourism is one of the world’s largest employers, with the sector directly employing over 100 million individuals and supports 1 in 10 of all jobs in the world. Over the course of the coming decade, it is expected that Travel & Tourism to provide a total of, 74.5 million new jobs, making a career in this sector future proof.
It is recommended that you have five GCSE’s, which include a C grade in GCSE English Language and Mathematics.
Over the two years, you will complete four units of study. This qualification includes three mandatory units covering the following content areas.
– The travel and tourism industry – the travel and tourism industry in the UK is growing and is of major importance to the economy. Learners will develop the skills needed to examine, interpret and analyse a variety of statistics that measure the importance of tourism to the UK.
– Global destinations – learners will investigate the features and appeal of global destinations.
– Principles of marketing in travel and tourism – learners will explore how to develop a successful marketing plan for use by travel and tourism organisations to attract and engage with customers using research data.
The optional units consist of
– Visitor attractions
– Events, Conferences and Exhibitions.
The qualification would be appropriate if you wish to work in the sector upon leaving school or it could be, combined with other qualifications and would support progression into an Apprenticeship, employment or into, higher- level studies, as it has UCAS points.
You could also progress to further learning opportunities, such as:
· Level 4 Tourism Management
· BA in Tourism
· BA in Tourism Management